By John M Quick

The R Tutorial Series provides a collection of user-friendly tutorials to people who want to learn how to use R for statistical analysis.


My Statistical Analysis with R book is available from Packt Publishing and Amazon.


R Tutorial Series: R Beginner's Guide and R Bloggers Updates


1/1/2011 Update: Tal Galili wrote an article that revisits the first year of R-Bloggers and this post was listed as one of the top 14. Therefore, I decided to make a small update to each section. I start by describing the initial series of tutorials that I wrote. A few more have been added since and even more planned in the upcoming year. As always, an up to date listing of my articles can be found on the R Tutorial Series blog. New posts will also continue to be offered through the R Bloggers network.


Since October 2009, I have written 13 articles [many more now, of course] for the R Tutorial Series blog. The first two introduce new users to R. The remaining 11 cover a wide range of topics related to multiple regression and correlation. This collection of tutorials represents my most recent training in statistics. Thus, for the time being, I will not be contributing new articles as frequently as I have over the past few months. However, I will undoubtedly encounter future projects that require new statistical methods and partake in more statistics courses, both of which will provide additional tutorial material. Below is a categorized list of the articles currently offered in the R Tutorial Series.

Introduction to R

Descriptive Statistics

Data Visualization

Correlation

Regression

I also have two additional R-related items to update you on. The first is the R Bloggers website and the second is my R Beginner's Guide.


1/1/2011 Update: I originally reported that 50 blogs composed the R Bloggers network. Now that number has risen to over 140. I hope that R Bloggers continues to thrive and contribute to the R community.


R Tutorial Series on R Bloggers

R Bloggers (http://www.r-bloggers.com) is a website that aggregates over 50 different blogs that focus on R. It is an excellent resource for keeping up to date on the many uses of R and for learning about the wide range of work being conducted in R. I recommend using R Bloggers for these purposes. The R Tutorial Series was invited to participate in the R Bloggers collection and is now available to R Bloggers' readers.

R Beginner's Guide


11/1/2010 Update: Statistical Analysis with R is now available!


Lastly, I want to let you know that I am working on a beginner's guide for R. It is primarily focused towards introducing R to information technology, business, and data analyst professionals. The book will be offered through PACKT Publishing (http://www.packtpub.com) and should be available within the next year. If you have enjoyed the R Tutorial Series, then you may be interested in looking for the guide once it is completed. In the meantime, keep reading the R Tutorial Series and R Bloggers and I will keep you updated on the book's major milestones.

2 comments:

  1. Hi John,

    A great blog and many thanks for posting such helpful stuff here.

    Could you please get some popular packages involved, like neural networks and random forests.

    Thanks
    Marcus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions, Marcus. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with using these techniques, although I think they would be nice to have tutorials on. Please let me know if you find any good ones.

      John

      Delete